Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kitchen of Roses


I learned tonight how to cook with cayenne pepper!!! I made from scratch Cajun Red Beans and Rice (with sausage and shrimp). Well the recipe called for 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper, well lets just say it was really good, buuuttt you had to take a bite, drink some milk, and then take a bite of the roll, and repeat :). The kids actually thought it was fun, like a game or something. So lets just say I should taste as I go when cooking with cayenne pepper, hehe!

I decided to practice my cake decorating skills today. I practice doing basket weave. It didn't turn out to bad for my first time. I topped it off with toffee and chocolate bites, yummy! I love decorating cakes, but the down fall is I have to eat it afterwards. It's such a hard task to do, but somebody has to do it, lol!

I then I got a really nice surprise from my sweet husband today. He brought home some white pink tipped roses! They are so pretty! He then to an extra step and bought some treats from the bakery at Publix.

1 comments:

Kristin and Donnie said...

I love your cakes!! I like to make my own for the boys' bdays... so I may have to have you teach me how to do all the fancy frosting! I'm really impressed!! And those tulips are GORGEOUS, how sweet of Lindsey!!!